Young Yan Artists Residence Program is launched by Yan Concept Limited. The current residence venue is Yan Garden, an artful and cultural living space located in Dongguan. The inspiration of art creation for participants will be based on Dongguan, then spreads to its surrounding cities, and covers the whole Greater Bay Area later on. Through on-site study and investigation of the local society and culture plus the site visiting and communication opportunities with nearby art institutions, the participants are more likely to acquire an in-depth understanding about the local community; meanwhile, interactions with local artists could also be inspiring, which may provide them with some more insights and the trend of art.
Every resident participant will need to complete and present their outcomes during the stay. Outstanding artists will have the opportunity to join in the group exhibition about Young Yan Artists Residence Program when the whole season finished; there are also chances for them to host a solo exhibition and publish works. Curators with excellent performance may receive a sponsorship from Yan Concept Limited to implement the curation project.
- Artists aged under 35 and Curators of all ages
- Practicing contemporary art. No limit in the form of art creation
- Innovative and rigorous; have the ability to carry out brand-new artworks, studies and interdisciplinary practice
- Have a will to develop career in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and can launch the project based on the local environment and context
- Each participant will be provided with an accommodation room, a working studio and a maximum RMB 20,000 (before tax) subsidy covering:
- One round-trip transportation fee (no more than RMB 2,500)
- Other expenses in living and art creation
- Experience-sharing activities
- Site visiting
- Potential participation in annual final exhibition
- Assistance and coordination during the artwork
- creation/curation process
- Outstanding curation projects may get sponsored by Yan Concept Limited with a maximum RMB 300,000 funding for implementation
Applications are accepted all year round with 2-3 artists /Curators for each period and total 4 periods a year.
2nd period: 1 October to 31 November 2020（open call）
3rd period: 1 January to 28 February 2021
4th period:1 April to 31 May 2021
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
For further information please visit chinaresidencies.com.